Route 66 Chamber's Accomplishments:
With the support of our Members and Contributors over the last 10 years, the Route 66 Chamber of Commerce has been able to accomplish many tasks and projects that support the promotion and preservation of the famous Mother Road. There is still much more to do to help as many businesses along the Route as possible, so please help us, help those who make Route 66 the most famous highway in the world by joining the Chamber. Thanks.
- The Chamber has the largest Route 66 Website in the world and we have attended the
- 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013 and the 2014 International 66 Festivals.
- The Chamber built and hosted the Amarillo 2011 Festival's popular website.
- The Chamber assisted the Schlotsky's Restaurant Chain design a Route 66 promotion.
- The Chamber took a business survey and research trip from Joplin to Chicago and back in 2010.
- The Chamber was instrumental in finding the new owners of the Boots Motel in Carthage, MO..
- The Chamber has spent over five years doing restoration work on the Boots Motel.
- The Chamber built and donated the historic Boots Court's website and Facebook page, and helped others go online.
- The Chamber was instrumental in securing the 2013 Joplin International Festival.
- The Chamber researched the Carthage , MO. alternate Routes and posted our own signs for travelers.
- The Chamber assisted with the effort to place the first promotional Route 66 billboard in Nashville.
- The Chamber Director continues to promote Route 66 by giving talks to civic organizations and schools.
- The Chamber produced two 25-minute TV programs promoting Route 66.
- The Chamber produced short documentaries on 66'rs Bob Waldmire and Harley & Annabelle.
- The Chamber assists Mom & Pop businesses by building websites that promote them.
- The Chamber was the first to begin the successful search for the tow truck that inspired "Tow Mater" in 2006.
- The Chamber established a 'Go FundMe' account for repairing the Boots Court neon after a hail storm, and raised over $4,000 in donations that were sent from Route 66'rs.
- The Chamber provides free promotion for Route 66 Events and Activities.
- The Chamber has completed a national TV Public Service TV commercial to air in the U.S. and overseas.
- The Chamber is working today with organizations in China and Japan to promote Route Tourism.
- The Chamber is working on resolving a MoDOT issue that prevented Route 66 businesses from having signs on 66.
- The Chamber promoted and found a buyer for Dale's Old 66 1928 filling station in Joplin, MO.
- The Chamber saved the 1946 Westport Lodge-Motel which is now restored and operating in Joplin.
- The Chamber established a website and Facebook Page for it's project, "Route 66 Cares", which raised over $10,000 for tornado relief in Joplin and in Kansas.
Join the Route 66 Chamber of Commerce and help make our future promotions and
preservation efforts succeed. Thanks.